Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Monday's other painting.

Some of the other painting I did yesterday. 


A miniature from Ral Partha. I think it's called 'slave-girl with dragon'. I've seen it listed as 'Dragon Lady' and 'Dungeon Lady with Dragon'. Something to investigate. Details I didn't notice until I'd put colour on: the dragon's tongue and it's feet (which are behind the dragon's owner).

.
Grenadier magic user from an early box set. I'd started this one last week with some red for the dress. Ghastly colour to work with. It took 3 coats yesterday to get it to a decent red. Details remain: tassels around neckline, jewelry and she actually has a cord that she is twisting between her hands.


The two together. I choose a lot of minis based on look. Not surprising given how tactile and visual this stuff is. Sometimes I'll be surprised. The grenadier magic user was one I got in a lot of minis for a couple of bucks, and I'm surprised at how much I like it. There's some very subtle detail on the satchel and jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment