Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Warmachine Cryx.

This was the other set of minis that I painted Sunday night and Monday. I got this set in October last year? And had been half-heartedly painting the warcaster. I couldn't work out what I wanted to do with her and had got as far as black undercoat with a very dark gray dry/over brush. The detail on her is so fine, that I was afraid that I would start obscuring. I don't know when I decided to drybrush the skirt white but that is when it started working for me.


Warjack adn Warcaster. I stuck with white, black and various shades of gray. Spot colour of green. I didn't use any metallics. It's not non-metallic metal (NMM) by any means, that'll be something to try in the future.
However, I do want to put in another gray shade to pick out details on the war jack.



My Necrochickens (Defilers and Devourers). Limited palate.


The whole kit and caboodle, ready for me to learn the rules and rock the catsbah.

2 comments:

  1. they look rather nice with the chosen limited palette, I've had the same bunch sat undercoated in a box for over a year now... not sure what I'm going to do with them still... greens, purples, grey/black, gold or silver if any metallics? bone... frustrating, but they are rather gorgeous models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jessica. I definitely had a case of 'now-what?'-itis after undercoating these things. I think it's because the Warmachine fluff and art are quite fixed and that was something I was fighting against. Looking at them now I wonder if an yellowy olive or cockroach orange/brown might be a good carapace colour.

    ReplyDelete