Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Flagellant

This mini I am really, really proud of. Like, stupidly, irrationally proud.

The Empire Flagellant in all his righteous glory.

I don't know who sculpted this, though I suspect it's one or both of the Perry twins. It's an amazing miniature.

The flagellant is a religious zealot, convinced that the only way to be truly righteous and pure is through abasement and self inflicted pain. They travel the countryside in bands spreading the good word.

They also do children's parties.


The tide marks on the robes were something I wasn't sure of. It worked. This mini I feel like I stepped a little further with details. I must have painted the eyes a half dozen times trying to get the look right.


The scroll on the back is roughly illuminated. I have another 9 I now want to paint.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. The eyes look good and I think the scripture turned out nicely.

    ReplyDelete